Well behaved women rarely make history! - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Music is Good for the Soul

Hey y'all! As many of you know I'm a HUGE music junky. I listen to it all and see it all. I've seen everyone from Garth Brooks to Britney Spears to Widespread Panic. It all fascinates me, even if it's not my favorite kind. I used to have the time to go see lots of live music in college which was so wonderful. I was lucky enough to go to school in a town that was rich with good tunes, and some of my favorite times in college come from music shows. These next couple of months are going to be awesome because I've got lots of shows lined up and I'm super excited. On Feb 27th I'll be taking it down to Macon to the historic Cox Capital Theatre to see some of my favorite boys do a reunion show! Moonshine Still is playing a benifit concert for a dear friend of theirs who is battling lymphoma. Some of them are in different bands now so they will all be opening and rotating about, topping off with MsS at the end of the night.

March 9th you can find me living one of my dreams as Ernie and I catch Eric Clapton for the first time. I'm so excited to see this show. He's such a genius and Roger Daltrey of The Who will be accompanying him. This is gonna be GOOD.

Then skip to just a few days later and I'll be checking out one of my new found loves, Michael Buble. My BFF is taking me and this has earned her many points! He does all the best old jazz standards, some good originals, and his voice is like buttah!

Up in the air is The March 31st trip to the Fox for "Experience Hendrix". The line up will include some of rocks finest guitar heros, including one of my faves, Robert Randolf. If you don't know who Robert Randolf is you are doing yourself a serious injustice. The man can play slide guitar with his hands tied behind his back. Go see him if you want a good work-out because you will be "shakin' ya hips" the whole time. Regular live music is something I've seriously been missing over the last two years so I'm really pumped to get to do all of this. Do you guys have any upcoming concerts (I call them "shows") that you're attending? Here's my wish list for life:

Van Morrison
Led Zeppelin (yeah right)
James Taylor
Stevie Nix
Pearl Jam
Madonna (really Madonna 10 years ago)
Outkast
311
Diana Krall
Allison Krauss
Elton John
Beyonce

Just to name a few I haven't gotten around to yet :)

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had as much music going on as you do but at least I've got the James Taylor & Carol King Reunion concert tixs for June 3rd. On your wish list I've seen Elton John more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None upcoming, but let me know when you all try to get tix for something (especially in the summer). Would love to go.

    ReplyDelete