Well behaved women rarely make history! - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Me.... Really this time

It's a new year, and a new decade! Some people get really excited for a new year to click over but not this gal. For some reason I feel like things get so hectic and crazy that the last month of one year fly by and the first couple months of the next do the same and we wake up one day in spring. We've not upheld ourselves to any resolutions or plans we've made and then we feel bad about it. So normally I try to take the aproach of just constantly bettering ME and not waiting for a new year to do it. This year, however, is slightly different. Change is a comin' for me and I need to get ready. In a mere 21 weeks I'll be getting married. (GULP) Not a gulp because of the person I'm marrying or the act of being married so much as the wedding day! There is so much to do and so little time. Every time I turn around someone brings to my attention something else I haven't even thought about & I go "Oooohhhh". I kind of just want to throw on my dress and my super cute shoes and let someone else finish all the "fluffy stuff". I'm a bit of a minimalist so it's hard for me to check the ADD for a second and get the details taken care of. I don't really want to make a big fat "resolution" but I've got to weather I like it or not so I can make this day complete. I know in the end I'll be happy I did because Ernie and I deserve dangit! Every blog I do won't be about wedding stuff, promise. It's just a big part of my life so it's an easy place to start. This blog will be a place you can come check out everything from hair advice, style I love, tales of hilarity, and give me advice. I'm open to feedback & blog ideas so please let me know what you want to read about!

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you! I never make resolutions, but felt that this year I needed a make over. Not physically, but mentally and emotionally (if the physical comes along the way then awesome!). Can't wait for more blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My resolution is to get more sleep. Unfortunately, i do not dictate my sleeping schedule these days. (see 5 week old baby). Love the blog Sarah and can'tw wait for more!

    ReplyDelete